It’s official, Four Poster Beds have replaced Pencil Post Beds as our top-selling product.
Pencil Post Beds are timeless. John and Abigail Adams slept on a Pencil Post Bed. There will always be a place for Pencil Post Beds.
Perhaps it is the modern, urban appeal of the four-sided tapered posts that have pushed our Four Poster Bed to the top. We introduced the Houston model in early 2014. Jo and Mitch wanted a modern canopy bed for their Houston loft. Shane designed the Houston bed just for them.
I posted a sneak peek at this Houston Four Poster Canopy Platform Bed for Rozzie in Texas to our Facebook page, and Linda Schirching commented:
“You made me a bed like this about 10 years ago and I absolutely love it. Everytime I walk into the bedroom I look at it and smile. Rozzie you will just love this bed. It will be the best purchase you have ever made. Enjoy!”
Houston Four Poster Canopy Platform Bed Features Shown
- All ShaKa Studios Handmade Beds are custom-made to order.
- Queen size bed shown measures 80H x 65W x 86L.
- 4-sided tapered posts are 3 inches thick and 80 inches tall.
- Posts are tapered at the base. We called these sexy devils “tapered legs”.
- Headboard C.
- Finish is black on java distressed paint.
- Platform insert eliminates the need for a box spring.
- Stamped brass bolt covers.
Houston Four Poster Canopy Platform Bed Options
- ShaKa Studios can craft your American-made Houston Four Poster Canopy Platform Bed in twin, full, queen (shown), king and California King sizes
- Choose from 25 distressed paint or 4 distressed stain finishes.
- Tapered posts can be four or eight-sided and up to 90 inches tall.
- Choose square or tapered legs.
- Add a foot board.
- Choose from wood buttons or stamped brass bolt covers.
- Choose from 6 headboard designs.
- Add a platform insert and eliminate the need for a box spring.
- This four-poster bed can also be made from cherry or tiger maple wood.
How do I order my custom four poster bed?
Visit our website, to order your handcrafted Houston Four Poster Canopy Platform Bed, or call Kandas at 281-826-2337.
Visit our website to learn about our custom bed design process, and order your free copy of our bed design workbook.